Nitish for central team to diagnose disease
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday asked the Centre to depute a team of medical experts to diagnose the disease that claimed lives of 22 children during the past one week in Muzaffarpur district.
"The Chief Minister has requested Union Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad to depute a special team of medical experts to diagnose the disease in Muzaffarpur," an official spokesman said.
Kumar has already directed the state officials to take steps for prevention of the disease and treatment of those hospitalised in Muzaffarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest