Nitish for central team to diagnose disease
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday asked the Centre to depute a team of medical experts to diagnose the disease that claimed lives of 22 children during the past one week in Muzaffarpur district.
"The Chief Minister has requested Union Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad to depute a special team of medical experts to diagnose the disease in Muzaffarpur," an official spokesman said.
Kumar has already directed the state officials to take steps for prevention of the disease and treatment of those hospitalised in Muzaffarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise