Nitish for central team to diagnose disease
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday asked the Centre to depute a team of medical experts to diagnose the disease that claimed lives of 22 children during the past one week in Muzaffarpur district.
"The Chief Minister has requested Union Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad to depute a special team of medical experts to diagnose the disease in Muzaffarpur," an official spokesman said.
Kumar has already directed the state officials to take steps for prevention of the disease and treatment of those hospitalised in Muzaffarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'