Nitish for hiking subsidy and grants to Bihar Haj Committee
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Tuesday announced that his government would increase the grants
and also give more subsidies to the state Haj Committee.
"The state government is also duty bound to see that
the Haj pilgrims are not subjected to any difficulty and
harassment," Kumar told a meeting of the committee.
Kumar, however, expressed dissatisfaction over Bihar
Haj quota and said the Chairman of the Committee Hajrat
Maulana Anisurrehman Kasmi would make efforts to increase it.
The meeting was interrupted when a section of the
audience complained that nothing had been done for recruitment
of Urdu teachers by the state government.
Police soon intervened and restored order in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog