Nitish for hiking subsidy and grants to Bihar Haj Committee
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Tuesday announced that his government would increase the grants
and also give more subsidies to the state Haj Committee.
"The state government is also duty bound to see that
the Haj pilgrims are not subjected to any difficulty and
harassment," Kumar told a meeting of the committee.
Kumar, however, expressed dissatisfaction over Bihar
Haj quota and said the Chairman of the Committee Hajrat
Maulana Anisurrehman Kasmi would make efforts to increase it.
The meeting was interrupted when a section of the
audience complained that nothing had been done for recruitment
of Urdu teachers by the state government.
Police soon intervened and restored order in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi