Nitish for hiking subsidy and grants to Bihar Haj Committee
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Tuesday announced that his government would increase the grants
and also give more subsidies to the state Haj Committee.
"The state government is also duty bound to see that
the Haj pilgrims are not subjected to any difficulty and
harassment," Kumar told a meeting of the committee.
Kumar, however, expressed dissatisfaction over Bihar
Haj quota and said the Chairman of the Committee Hajrat
Maulana Anisurrehman Kasmi would make efforts to increase it.
The meeting was interrupted when a section of the
audience complained that nothing had been done for recruitment
of Urdu teachers by the state government.
Police soon intervened and restored order in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh