Nitish govt announces Rs 10 lakh insurance scheme for scribes
Patna: In a step towards welfare of journalists, the Nitish Kumar government on Monday announced a mediclaim policy of Rs 10 lakh from February 20 this month.
The Bihar State Journalists Insurance scheme, 2014 consists a sum of Rs 5 lakh for personal accidental cases of the scribes and an equal amount of mediclaim policy including the journalist, spouse and two dependent children.
Announcing the scheme, Secretary Public Relations Department Pratya Amrit told reporters that it would cover about 3000 journalists, print as well electronic media of state headquarters as well districts of Bihar.
An agreement has been signed with National Insurance Company Limited to run their scheme for one year on 80:20 formula of payment, Amrit added.
While the state government would pay Rs 7176, the lion share of 80 per cent of the Rs 8970 annual premium the rest 20 per cent that would come to Rs 1794 (Rs 150 per month) has to be borne individually by the journalists, he added.
He urged the journalists to fill the form and submit required documents by February 20 so that the scheme could start immediately.
Amrit claimed that Bihar is the only state which is providing a comprehensive insurance policy comprising both accidental cases as well family insurance of Rs 10 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested