Nitish govt announces Rs 10 lakh insurance scheme for scribes
Patna: In a step towards welfare of journalists, the Nitish Kumar government on Monday announced a mediclaim policy of Rs 10 lakh from February 20 this month.
The Bihar State Journalists Insurance scheme, 2014 consists a sum of Rs 5 lakh for personal accidental cases of the scribes and an equal amount of mediclaim policy including the journalist, spouse and two dependent children.
Announcing the scheme, Secretary Public Relations Department Pratya Amrit told reporters that it would cover about 3000 journalists, print as well electronic media of state headquarters as well districts of Bihar.
An agreement has been signed with National Insurance Company Limited to run their scheme for one year on 80:20 formula of payment, Amrit added.
While the state government would pay Rs 7176, the lion share of 80 per cent of the Rs 8970 annual premium the rest 20 per cent that would come to Rs 1794 (Rs 150 per month) has to be borne individually by the journalists, he added.
He urged the journalists to fill the form and submit required documents by February 20 so that the scheme could start immediately.
Amrit claimed that Bihar is the only state which is providing a comprehensive insurance policy comprising both accidental cases as well family insurance of Rs 10 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie