Nitish govt befooling farmers, says RJD
Patna: Opposition RJD on Monday accused the
Nitish Kumar government of befooling and cheating the farmers
of Bihar in the name of preparation of Agriculture roadmap.
Talking to reporters, state RJD president Ram Chandra
Purve and its RJD member Ram Kripal Yadav alleged that the
state government had hoodwinked and cheated the farmers in
name of first Agriculture Roadmap between 2008 and 2012.
"Now in the name of a fresh agriculture roadmap for
2012-17, the state government is once again trying to mislead
the farmers," they said while talking to reporters here.
Our party legislators would expose the state
government`s initiatives during the debate on the fresh
agriculture roadmap during the forthcoming budget session of
the state legislature, Yadav said.
Yadav also alleged that against the schemes amounting
to Rs 3757 crore enshrined in the first agriculture roadmap,
the government had allocated only Rs 2095.15 crore during the
past four years.
He said the farmers could not reap any benefit out of
the first agriculture roadmap.
The new agriculture roadmap had nothing to do with the
interest of farmers and it was engaging in `false publicity
and propaganda in order to befool farmers," Yadav alleged.
Yadav also accused the state government of failing to
check smuggling and blcakmarketing of fertilizers alloted by
the Centre for farmers in Bihar in during Rabi and Kharif
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what