Nitish govt`s annual report card on Monday
Patna: Crossing midstream of his second innings and for the first time after departure of ally BJP, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will present the annual report card on Monday on the performance of his government during the current year.
While the government will highlight achievements in different sectors during 2013, the BJP, now in opposition, and Congress will also bring out their own report cards for Kumar.
On coming to power for the first time on November 25, 2005, Kumar heading an NDA ministry had promised to bring a report card on performance of his government annually.
Official sources said the agenda would continue despite split in NDA on June 16 over elevation of Narendra Modi as the BJP`s chief of campaign committee.
Nitish Kumar has said on several occasions after parting the company of BJP that the promise he had made to the people as head of a coalition government would be kept.
The government would publish a booklet having facts and figures on `achievements` in sectors like roads, agriculture, health, education and other departments, official sources said.
But, the `achievements` would surely be dismissed by the BJP and other opposition.
BJP has announced to bring their own report card a day after (November 26) the government`s publishes its own.
The BJP report card would be issued by former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
Congress, which had bailed the JD(U) government after it separated with BJP, is also all set with its report card which they would release hours after one by the government.
State Congress President Ashok Chaudhary has said the report card highlight utilisation of central funds under different schemes by the Nitish Kumar government.
Opposition RJD and LJP are also ready with lists of "failures" of the Nitish Kumar government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan