Nitish greets people for Chhath festival
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar greeted the people on Chhath festival that began on Saturday with `Nahay-Khaye` in Bihar and elsewhere.
The chief minister went by motorboat to inspect arrangements at various ghats on the bank of the Ganga for people offering prayers, called `Araghya` to the Sun standing in the water during sunset and sunrise.
He asked the municipal authorities to remove garbage from the ghats and ensure cleanliness ahead of the `Araghya` on November 19-20 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital