Nitish greets Vajpayee on his 89th birthday
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday wished former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his 89th birthday.
"My good wishes to Vajpayeeji on his birthday. It was a pleasure working under him," Kumar told reporters here on his arrival from New Delhi.
Nitish Kumar, whose JD(U) was a former ally of the BJP, assailed the present generation of BJP leaders for "going away" from the code of ethics Vajpayee had devised for running coalition governments, which, he claimed, forced him to part company with them.
"The present generation of BJP leaders has gone away from the code, which forced people like me to part company with them (BJP)," he said.
He had great affection for his colleagues, particularly younger ones like him, Kumar said praising Vajpayee`s personality.
Kumar had served in the NDA Cabinet of Vajpayee in various capacities as railway, agriculture and surface transport ministers.
The JD(U) had broken away from the BJP after staying together for 17 years on June 16 last over elevation of Narendra Modi in the BJP ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic