Nitish greets Vajpayee on his 89th birthday
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday wished former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his 89th birthday.
"My good wishes to Vajpayeeji on his birthday. It was a pleasure working under him," Kumar told reporters here on his arrival from New Delhi.
Nitish Kumar, whose JD(U) was a former ally of the BJP, assailed the present generation of BJP leaders for "going away" from the code of ethics Vajpayee had devised for running coalition governments, which, he claimed, forced him to part company with them.
"The present generation of BJP leaders has gone away from the code, which forced people like me to part company with them (BJP)," he said.
He had great affection for his colleagues, particularly younger ones like him, Kumar said praising Vajpayee`s personality.
Kumar had served in the NDA Cabinet of Vajpayee in various capacities as railway, agriculture and surface transport ministers.
The JD(U) had broken away from the BJP after staying together for 17 years on June 16 last over elevation of Narendra Modi in the BJP ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH