Nitish greets Vajpayee on his 89th birthday
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday wished former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his 89th birthday.
"My good wishes to Vajpayeeji on his birthday. It was a pleasure working under him," Kumar told reporters here on his arrival from New Delhi.
Nitish Kumar, whose JD(U) was a former ally of the BJP, assailed the present generation of BJP leaders for "going away" from the code of ethics Vajpayee had devised for running coalition governments, which, he claimed, forced him to part company with them.
"The present generation of BJP leaders has gone away from the code, which forced people like me to part company with them (BJP)," he said.
He had great affection for his colleagues, particularly younger ones like him, Kumar said praising Vajpayee`s personality.
Kumar had served in the NDA Cabinet of Vajpayee in various capacities as railway, agriculture and surface transport ministers.
The JD(U) had broken away from the BJP after staying together for 17 years on June 16 last over elevation of Narendra Modi in the BJP ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range