Nitish guarantees security to investors in Bihar
Patna: With the law and order situation always being a matter of concern to the investors, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday guaranteed security to those interested in setting up industrial units in Bihar.
"I guarantee security to the investors and promise that nobody will harass them," he said at an Investors` meet here.
"The law and order situation is peaceful in Bihar....You are rest assured about your security and safety of your capital," Kumar, said.
Setting the agenda and area of industrial activities for the potential investors, Kumar said there was huge potential in agriculture, food processing, tourism sectors for investment.
The agriculture, food processing and tourism sectors are the "core components" of the industrial activities in Bihar, and investors have virtually an open field as there are no competition and whosoever comes first will reap immense benefits," he said.
The chief minister said that the state government has framed policies for the promotion of all industrial sectors and set up the State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB) and Single Window Clearance System to expedite clearance of investment proposals.
Stating that he himself holds an investors panchayat at his official residence on every fifth Monday to hear problems of the investors, the chief minister said policies have been framed for the township development, use of biomass for energy and investment in education and hospitality sectors by the industrialists.
On land scarcity, the chief minister said the government has started work to ensure land availability under the framework of the private industrial estate and will be given shape soon.
Conceding that land acquisition was a problem in Bihar as the population density was high and most of the farm land fertile, Kumar said under the circumstances, it will be appropriate for the investors to acquire land directly from the farmers instead of engaging middlemen.
At the same time, Bihar has other required materials for industrial activities like availability of market, labour, water and road infrastructure, Kumar said.
Exuding confidence about industrial activities taking off in Bihar in years to come, he said that the signs were there for all to see as investments have gone up in education, hospitality and leather products in several parts of the state.
As many as 31 investors with specialisation in food processing, refinery, health, education, aviation, energy, cement, hospitality and IT services are taking part in the meet here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org