Nitish hails Bihar`s first CM Sri Krishna Singh
Muzaffarpur: Hailing the first chief minister of Bihar Sri Krishna Singh, Nitish Kumar today said his government was following former leader`s footprints for rapid growth of the state.
"Sri Krishna Singh used to give a lot of importance to agriculture.
My government is also giving top priority to farm sector and has prepared an agricultural roadmap which has been launched by President Pranab Mukherjee recently," the CM said addressing 125th birth anniversary of the state`s first chief minister after Independence.
"We are following his footprints to fullfill his dreams of a developed Bihar," he said.
Kumar said Singh had fought hard for abolition of zaminadari system and helped farmers get ownership of land which were settled in the name of landlords.
The Law against zaminadari was approved by the state assembly due to initiative taken by Singh.
He also said all the industries and factories were established in Bihar during Singh`s regime.
The CM said through hard work the NDA government was trying to "undo" the damage done to the state under 15 years of the RJD rule and usher it into a developed state.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi also addressed the function.
The anniversary was also observed by Congress in Patna and other parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply