Nitish has proposed a weak Lokayukta: Paswan
Patna: Advocating a strong and effective
Lokayukta in Bihar, LJP on Monday alleged that Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar had proposed a weak ombudsman to save the skin of
corrupt public servants.
"The draft for Lokayukta suggests that Kumar has proposed
a weak Lokayukta...It will be a toothless body under control
of the state government," LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan told
The draft circulated by the government on the websites
reflected that the state would have full control over the
Lokayukta. "Even the appointment of Lokayukta will be made by
the government without adopting a transparent system of
appointment," he said.
Recommendations by the Lokayukta against corrupt public
servants would be subject to government`s sanction for
prosecution in any case, he said.
"Even now there is a growing demand from ruling NDA
leaders that Chief Minister be brought out of the purview of
the Lokayukta. Lokayukta has been proposed in Bihar to save
the skin of corrupt public servants...and it is not going to
prove to be an effective tool for reining in corruption," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day