Nitish has responsibility to strengthen NDA: BJP
Patna: Amid sparring between ruling NDA partners in Bihar, BJP on Monday said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was duty-bound to strengthen the alliance as he has been an anti-Congress leader all his life.
"Having been an anti-Congress leader during his entire public life, Nitish Kumar too has responsibility to strengthen NDA," BJP national vice-president and Rajya Sabha MP Prabhat Jha said.
He expressed confidence that strains between BJP and JD(U) over the latter`s reservations against projection of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would blow over in course of time and Kumar would come on board in the end on BJP`s choice of the prime ministerial candidate.
The BJP leadership will take a call on its choice of its prime ministerial candidate at an appropriate time, Jha, a Madhya Pradesh-based leader, said adding Kumar should have no doubt that Modi remains "by far the most popular" leader of the country.
"A political party charts out its strategy over a period of time and takes decision at an appropriate time," he said on the issue of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
On Kumar`s cryptic remark "who has seen tomorrow?` in reference to the future of NDA, the senior BJP leader refused to read too much into it and said he believed that the two allies will remain together.
Lauding Kumar for bringing Bihar `out of a morass`, he claimed the development work by the NDA government spoke volumes about its performance which is being appreciated by all.
"Like Madhya Pradesh, Bihar too has come a long way from being among sick states and is striding towards development and prosperity after being looted by the RJD-led government for 15 years," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read