Nitish has turned `Ranchhor`, says Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad today made fun
of his arch rival and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for
his reported statement that he was unlikely to contest the
Assembly elections and said it proved beyond doubt that Kumar
has turned a `Ranchhor` (battle-deserter).
"Yeh kahna ki woh chunav nahin lad sakte hain yeh Nitish
ko Ranchhor sabit karta (by stating that he may not contest,
Kumar has proved beyond doubt that he has turned a
battle-deserter," Prasad told reporters while reacting to
Kumar`s statement earlier today.
"What is the need for me to contest the Assembly polls? I
am already a Member of Legislative Council and have two-three
years left to complete the term," Kumar said earlier while
meeting party workers.
"Yeh kaise Commander hai ki apane ran mein jaane se darta
hai (What type of Commander is this man (Nitish) who is afraid
of directly going to the battlefield," Prasad said, adding it
reflected that "a commander is throwing his sainiks in the
battlefield while keeping himself away."
"It has vindicated our oft-repeated assertion that Nitish
has lost confidence and conceded defeat much before the
elections," he said.
Stating that he would never like his entry into the state
legislature from the back door (becoming a member of
Legislative council), Prasad said in the event of the RJD-LJP
alliance coming to power, he would do the first thing "to seek
people`s mandate (to contest elections) to continue in power."
Nitish Kumar is a member of the state legislative council
ever since he took over the charge of Bihar.
He alleged that corruption and irregularities had been
reported in execution of schemes worth over Rs 42,000 crore in
Bihar during the past five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States
- IIT-Bombay has blacklisted these 9 companies from placements for one year
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17