‘Nitish insensitive towards firing, encephalitis’
Patna: Lok Janashakti Party President Ram
Vilas Paswan on Sunday slammed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
for his alleged insensitive attitude towards victims of police
firing at Forbesganj and encephalitis in Muzaffarpur.
"Kumar has chosen not to visit Forbesganj and his
attitude remains the same with encephalitis victims in
Muzaffarpur ... It is unprecedented that a chief minister
could be so callous and insensitive to his own people during
their trial and tribulation," Paswan told reporters here.
In Forbesganj, an atmosphere of terror prevailed among
the locals belonging to the minority community as they were
being intimidated by local officials, he said.
Paswan questioned Kumar`s secular credentials alleging
that he was trying to replicate the "Gujarat model" in the
border districts of Bihar by "terrorising" the minority people
ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"The police firing at Forbesganj appears to be a
deliberate exercise to keep the Muslim people on their toes,"
he said and warned the ruling NDA against fuelling communal
tension in the state.
Paswan criticised the state government for claiming
good governance in Bihar and said the official figures "on
increasing crime graph, bad fiscal situation, messy education
system and lack of infrastructure like electricity,
industries, proved that NDA had failed to deliver despite
being in power for six years".
Paswan said LJP had decided to keep monitoring the
performance of the state government for six months since the
last year`s Assembly polls and now it would launch a stir
against the failure of the ruling coalition on all fronts.
If needed, the LJP-RJD alliance would work together,
he said, ruling out any difference between the parties after
the two chose to support different candidates in Purnia
Assembly seat bypolls.
The different tactics by the two parties in a bypoll
should not be judged as difference, he said, adding the
LJP-RJD alliance was on long-term basis and the two parties
would be supporting the same candidate in the Jamshedpur Lok
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists