Nitish inspects ancient materials
Samastipur: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday inspected the excavated materials belonging to ancient Kushan and Shung Kalin periods at Panr village of Bihar`s Samastipur district.
Kumar, who is currently on his `Seva Yatra` to Samastipur, went to Panr village and saw the materials including implements made of iron, ancient seal, pashan, jwellery idols, coins and remains of bones.
The Kashi Prasad Jaiswal Research Institute, Patna, had carried out an archeological survey and excavation in the area.
The chief minister directed the officials to ensure proper up keep of the ancient materials.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley