Nitish inspects ancient materials
Samastipur: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday inspected the excavated materials belonging to ancient Kushan and Shung Kalin periods at Panr village of Bihar`s Samastipur district.
Kumar, who is currently on his `Seva Yatra` to Samastipur, went to Panr village and saw the materials including implements made of iron, ancient seal, pashan, jwellery idols, coins and remains of bones.
The Kashi Prasad Jaiswal Research Institute, Patna, had carried out an archeological survey and excavation in the area.
The chief minister directed the officials to ensure proper up keep of the ancient materials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest