Nitish keeps Home, Personnel, Modi gets Finance
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday night allocated portfolios to the ministers retaining Home, General Administration, Election, Vigilance and rest of the departments and giving his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi the charge of Finance.
Modi would hold the portfolios of Finance, Commercial
Taxes and Forest and Enviornment also.
JD(U) Minister Vijay Kumar Chowdhury would hold charge of
Water Resources department, while Bijendra Prasad Yadav would
be the Minister for Energy with the additional charge of
Parliamentary Affairs, Excise and Prohibition and Registration
Nand Kishore Yadav of BJP would be the Minister for Road
Construction, according to an official notification issued
Kumar allotted the Agriculture portfolio to Narendra
JDU`s Brishen Patel will be the minister for
Information and Public relations and Transport, while Ramai
Ram would take care of Revenue and Land Reform department.
Ram had held the department in the erstwhile Rabri
Chandra Mohan Rai, Ashwini Kumar Chowbey, Prem Kumar,
Janardan Singh Sigriwal and Giriraj Singh (all from BJP) would
be ministers for PHED, Health, Urban Development and Housing,
Labour Resources, Animal and Fishery resources, respectively.
Similarly, BJP`s Satyadeo Narayan Arya, Ramadhar
Singh, Sukhda Pandey and Sunil Kumar alias Pintoo would hold
the charge of Mine and Geology, Co-operative, Youth, Art and
Culture and Tourism departments, respectively.
JDU`s Hari Prasad Sah, Bhim Singh, Renu Kumari, Jitan
Ram Manjhi, Damodar Rout and Narendra Narayan Yadav would hold
the portfolios of Panchayati Raj, Rural Work, Industry and
Disaster Management, Scheduled Caste and Tribal Welfare,
Building Construction and Law, Planning and Development,
Similarly, Prashant Kumar Sahi, Shahid Ali Khan, Shyam
Rajak, Smt Parveen Amanullah, Nitish Mishra, Awdesh Prasad
Kushwaha and Goutam Singh (all from JDU) would hold the charge
of departments of Human Resource development, Minority
Welfare, Food and Consumer Protection, Social Welfare, Rural
development, Sugarcane Industry and Science and Technology,
Khan would also hold the additional charge of IT
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'