Nitish Kumar a parrot of RSS: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Wednesday called Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar a parrot of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), and described senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as opportunistic.
While addressing lakhs of people gathered at Gandhi Maidan here at Parivartan Rally, Lalu dubbed Nitish as a dictator, claiming that the bureaucracy in Bihar government is high-handed and does not listen to the voice of common man. He further said that the Parivartan Rally is being held by RJD “to herald Nitish’s downfall”.
Stating that the Nitish Kumar government has betrayed the people of Bihar, Lalu said that the number of rape cases in the state has increased drastically.
“The minority section is not safe in the state. Even the education system in the state is in on the verge of collapse, and corruption and bribery are prevalent everywhere in the state,” said Yadav.
He further said that the development works that seem visible to people were actually done during the tenure of RJD.
The rally, being held at Gandhi Maidan, would be first of its kind by RJD after 2005 when it lost power to NDA in the state.
The RJD leader arrived at the venue along with his wife Rabri Devi and sons Tejpratap and Tejasvi.
The party had hired 13 special trains to ferry its workers and supporters to Patna for Parivartan rally reportedly at a cost of Rs 1.11 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days