Nitish Kumar a `puppet` in Advani`s hands: RJD
New Delhi: RJD, arch rival of JD(U) in Bihar, on Tuesday accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of being a "puppet" in the hands of LK Advani and playing the politics of misleading the Muslims.
"In the internal quarrels in the top leadership of BJP on the leadership issue, Nitish is a puppet in the hands of Advani....," RJD General Secretary Vijay Krishna said, adding "only communal can protect the communal".
"How can anyone in the company of those associated with the Sangh Parivar not communal?", he said alleging that Bihar Chief Minister was resorting to politics of misleading the Muslims.
A friend-turned-foe of Nitish, Krishna dismissed suggestions that the Bihar Chief Minister`s targeting Narendra Modi was aimed at upholding the principles of secularism.
On the other hand, he held Nitish responsible for the revival of the BJP in the North.
Krishna, who is the chief spokesman of RJD, wondered as to why Nitish Kumar had not gone for on-the spot inspection of the site at Godhra in 2002 despite being the Railway Minister at that time.
"While Ram Vilas Paswan had sometime after the incident had resigned as the Union Minister, why has Kumar suddendly remembered the issue of secularism now?", he asked.
The RJD leader claimed that there was "no difference" between Modi and Advani as one was "responsible" for the Godhra aftermath, other for the demolition of the Babri Masjid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?