Nitish Kumar ahead of Modi as he unveils Patel statue in Bihar
Biharsharif: In the backdrop of Narendra Modi`s recent announcement of installing a huge statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gujarat, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday unveiled a big statue of Patel here and paid homage to the great national leader.
"Patel had a great personality. He was a self-made man who had written his own story," Kumar told a public rally after unveiling the statue at Sardar Patel Memorial University here, the headquarters of Nalanda district.
Stating that Patel had organised farmers, Kumar said "he had outstanding organisational quality which impressed even Mahatama Gandhi."
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had announced to collect iron from farmers across the country to build a giant statue of Patel as `Statue of Unity` in Gandhinagar.
Following it up senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi during a recent party function in Nalanda had said that collection of iron from farmers would begin from the home district (Nalanda) of the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video