Nitish Kumar announces incentive for land donation
Gaya: With an aim to motivate citizens, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday announced that anybody donating land for setting up anganwadi, health centre and schools will have the privilege to name such institutions after him or any kin.
Kumar announced this incentive at a high level review meeting of Magadh division at the end of his "Sewa Yatra" here to testify efficiency of governance at grassroot.
The CM said that for constructing aganwadi and health sub-centres 3 decimal land is required while for primary school it is 20 decimal land, and for middle and high school the requirement is 50 decimal, an official statement said.
He said that the land donation should be taken with the help of peoples representatives.
The state government has decided to open 1000 high schools in panchayats for increasing literacy rate in the state with every block having one high school.
In the review meeting attended by Chief Secretary Anil Kumar Sinha, state police chief Abhyanand and senior officers of all the departments, the CM directed officials to ensure monitoring of implementation of MGNREGA scheme in any one block of the district every Wednesday.
The examining team should not know which block they would be going for inspection in advance and stringent steps should be taken against middleman in the execution of MGNREGA, he instructed officials.
Underlining the importance of economic and social survey, the CM said plans are formulated on the basis of their reports.
Kumar also took stock of foodgrains procurement process from farmers and instructed officials to make payment of arrears if any to cultivators.
Keeping in view of the surging heat, the CM ordered to install hand pumps and replace burnt electric transformer immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM