Nitish Kumar announces incentive for land donation
Gaya: With an aim to motivate citizens, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday announced that anybody donating land for setting up anganwadi, health centre and schools will have the privilege to name such institutions after him or any kin.
Kumar announced this incentive at a high level review meeting of Magadh division at the end of his "Sewa Yatra" here to testify efficiency of governance at grassroot.
The CM said that for constructing aganwadi and health sub-centres 3 decimal land is required while for primary school it is 20 decimal land, and for middle and high school the requirement is 50 decimal, an official statement said.
He said that the land donation should be taken with the help of peoples representatives.
The state government has decided to open 1000 high schools in panchayats for increasing literacy rate in the state with every block having one high school.
In the review meeting attended by Chief Secretary Anil Kumar Sinha, state police chief Abhyanand and senior officers of all the departments, the CM directed officials to ensure monitoring of implementation of MGNREGA scheme in any one block of the district every Wednesday.
The examining team should not know which block they would be going for inspection in advance and stringent steps should be taken against middleman in the execution of MGNREGA, he instructed officials.
Underlining the importance of economic and social survey, the CM said plans are formulated on the basis of their reports.
Kumar also took stock of foodgrains procurement process from farmers and instructed officials to make payment of arrears if any to cultivators.
Keeping in view of the surging heat, the CM ordered to install hand pumps and replace burnt electric transformer immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31