Nitish Kumar anxious about outcome of Guj polls: Ram Vilas Paswan
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar appears anxious about the outcome of Gujarat Assembly elections as it was likely to have a bearing on the JD(U) leader`s political future, LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday said.
"Nitish must be praying that Modi should not do well in the Gujarat assembly polls.... If Modi wins handsomely, his prime ministerial ambition will get wings and that will put his Bihar counterpart in obvious discomfiture," Paswan said.
The LJP chief told reporters that Modi`s victory would also put Nitish in a fix on the issue of reviewing his party`s alliance with the BJP.
A thumping victory for Modi will definitely have an impact on the political situation in Bihar, which the JD(U) and the BJP have ruled together for the past seven years, he said.
Nitish had in an interview asked BJP to project a secular person as its prime ministerial candidate for greater acceptability in the masses.
Without taking the name of Modi, the Chief Minister had also threatened to review alliance with BJP if it projected him as the prime ministerial candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi