Nitish Kumar anxious about outcome of Guj polls: Ram Vilas Paswan
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar appears anxious about the outcome of Gujarat Assembly elections as it was likely to have a bearing on the JD(U) leader`s political future, LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday said.
"Nitish must be praying that Modi should not do well in the Gujarat assembly polls.... If Modi wins handsomely, his prime ministerial ambition will get wings and that will put his Bihar counterpart in obvious discomfiture," Paswan said.
The LJP chief told reporters that Modi`s victory would also put Nitish in a fix on the issue of reviewing his party`s alliance with the BJP.
A thumping victory for Modi will definitely have an impact on the political situation in Bihar, which the JD(U) and the BJP have ruled together for the past seven years, he said.
Nitish had in an interview asked BJP to project a secular person as its prime ministerial candidate for greater acceptability in the masses.
Without taking the name of Modi, the Chief Minister had also threatened to review alliance with BJP if it projected him as the prime ministerial candidate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata