Nitish Kumar anxious about outcome of Guj polls: Ram Vilas Paswan
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar appears anxious about the outcome of Gujarat Assembly elections as it was likely to have a bearing on the JD(U) leader`s political future, LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday said.
"Nitish must be praying that Modi should not do well in the Gujarat assembly polls.... If Modi wins handsomely, his prime ministerial ambition will get wings and that will put his Bihar counterpart in obvious discomfiture," Paswan said.
The LJP chief told reporters that Modi`s victory would also put Nitish in a fix on the issue of reviewing his party`s alliance with the BJP.
A thumping victory for Modi will definitely have an impact on the political situation in Bihar, which the JD(U) and the BJP have ruled together for the past seven years, he said.
Nitish had in an interview asked BJP to project a secular person as its prime ministerial candidate for greater acceptability in the masses.
Without taking the name of Modi, the Chief Minister had also threatened to review alliance with BJP if it projected him as the prime ministerial candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites