Nitish Kumar asks Lalu Prasad Yadav to be prepared for more `short-circuits`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday described the rebellion in RJD camp as "fire in Lalu Prasad`s house due to short circuit," and asked him to be prepared to face more such incidents.
"Be prepared to face more such short circuits in your house... Better check your wire," Kumar said while talking to reporters here.
On February 24, 13 RJD MLAs announced to have quit the party but nine of them later claimed they were not part of the breakaway faction.
It was actually a fire within his (Lalu`s) own house for which he was wrongly blaming outsiders, Kumar said.
Asked if he was acting as a "transformer", Kumar said "In this case there was no problem in transformer but it was due to short circuit. But it is true that transformer can cause short circuits in many houses."
On the RJD chief accusing Kumar of poaching his party leaders, he said changing sides by leaders was `normal` during election time and advised Prasad to take it in a "sporting spirit" instead of beating chest and pouring scorn on others.
"Many people have left JD(U) to join other parties while some more are preparing for it which I know. Likewise many others wish to join us for which our doors are open," the chief minister said.
Kumar criticised Prasad for indulging in "rowdism" to protest against the Assembly Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary recognising the 13 MLAs as separate group.
Some RJD supporters accompanying Prasad had hurled stones at the official residence of the Speaker yesterday.
The Speaker is the competent authority to take a decision but it was not wise on part of him or others to play an "advocate" in the matter.
He, however, said it was only an interim order and nothing has been asked to JD(U) so far on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row