Nitish Kumar awaiting Centre`s action on special category status
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday remained unmoved by the union government`s assertions that special category status for Bihar was under consideration and said he was waiting for the recommendations of the committee and the Centre`s action on it.
"There is nothing new in it," Kumar told reporters in his reaction to Planning Minister Rajeev Shukla`s written reply in Rajya Sabha that proposal from Bihar for special category status is under consideration of the Centre.
Shukla said Jharkhand, Odisha and Rajasthan did not meet the criteria for according special category status, while such proposal from Bihar was under consideration.
"I am waiting what recommendations the committee set up by the government gives and the action the Centre takes on it," Kumar said.
The union government has recently set up a committee to decide fresh criteria for backwardness of the state as prelude to decide the proposal for special category status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan