Nitish Kumar condemns BJP govt`s act on Governor postings
Patna: With the process on to ease out Governors appointed during the UPA regime, senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar Monday condemned the BJP`s act regarding gubernatorial posts.
"We are watching everything, how Governors appointed during the earlier regime are removed and others forced to quit... Its not a good practice," Kumar told reporters outside Legislative Council where he is a member.
Kumar described the comments of BJP leaders on Bihar Governor D Y Patil as "objectionable."
Former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi had recently charged Bihar Governor D Y Patil with acting as a "puppet" of the JD(U) government.
Patil appointed five RJD and BJP MLAs as MLCs from his discretionary quota within two days of them quitting their Assembly seats to help reduce strength of the Assembly and enable the Jitan Ram Manjhi government win trust vote last month, Modi had alleged.
He had further alleged that Patil had appointed Jitan Ram Manjhi as the Chief Minister without ascertaining whether he was elected as the leader of the JD(U) legislature party after Nitish Kumar quit his post taking moral responsibility for the ruling party`s debacle in the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie