Nitish Kumar condemns BJP govt`s act on Governor postings
Patna: With the process on to ease out Governors appointed during the UPA regime, senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar Monday condemned the BJP`s act regarding gubernatorial posts.
"We are watching everything, how Governors appointed during the earlier regime are removed and others forced to quit... Its not a good practice," Kumar told reporters outside Legislative Council where he is a member.
Kumar described the comments of BJP leaders on Bihar Governor D Y Patil as "objectionable."
Former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi had recently charged Bihar Governor D Y Patil with acting as a "puppet" of the JD(U) government.
Patil appointed five RJD and BJP MLAs as MLCs from his discretionary quota within two days of them quitting their Assembly seats to help reduce strength of the Assembly and enable the Jitan Ram Manjhi government win trust vote last month, Modi had alleged.
He had further alleged that Patil had appointed Jitan Ram Manjhi as the Chief Minister without ascertaining whether he was elected as the leader of the JD(U) legislature party after Nitish Kumar quit his post taking moral responsibility for the ruling party`s debacle in the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!