Nitish Kumar criticised for deteriorating law and order situation
Patna: Expressing concern with spate in the crime graph in Bihar, the BJP on Thursday slammed Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for devoting more time to political activities than improving law and order situation.
"At a time when the law and order situation appears to have gone out of hand due to spate in crime graph, the Chief Minister has no time to deal with the issue," former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi said in a statement.
Kumar simply did not have time to tackle law and order situation as he was engrossed in political activities, he said.
Modi also lashed out at the JD(U) government for failing to nab those politicians and policemen named in the abduction case of the Gujarati textile merchant Hanif Hingora`s son Sohail from Daman last month, who was subsequently released by the kidnappers after payment of a ransom of Rs nine crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?