Nitish Kumar expresses anguish over Delhi minor`s rape
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday strongly condemned the brutal rape of the five-year-old girl in Delhi but opined against death sentence for the perpetrator of such heinous crime.
"The act is barbaric. Such incidents raise serious question on humanity," Kumar told reporters while expressing his anguish over the minor`s rape which has sparked outrage across the country.
Asked a debate has again begun in the country for giving death sentence to perpetrator of such horrific crimes, Kumar, who is a senior leader of Janata Dal (United) said "it could not be a solution in one or two incident".
He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of 4th foundation day function of Bihar Roads Development Corporation (BRDC) here.
Kumar lamented deterioration of morality in the society and suggested stringent punishment to check such incidents.
Manoj Kumar, the accused of the brutal rape case of the girl, has been arrested from his in-laws village Chiknout in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district.
Delhi police team which nabbed the 25-year-old youth with the help of Bihar police took him on transit remand to the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!