Nitish Kumar expresses anguish over Delhi minor`s rape
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday strongly condemned the brutal rape of the five-year-old girl in Delhi but opined against death sentence for the perpetrator of such heinous crime.
"The act is barbaric. Such incidents raise serious question on humanity," Kumar told reporters while expressing his anguish over the minor`s rape which has sparked outrage across the country.
Asked a debate has again begun in the country for giving death sentence to perpetrator of such horrific crimes, Kumar, who is a senior leader of Janata Dal (United) said "it could not be a solution in one or two incident".
He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of 4th foundation day function of Bihar Roads Development Corporation (BRDC) here.
Kumar lamented deterioration of morality in the society and suggested stringent punishment to check such incidents.
Manoj Kumar, the accused of the brutal rape case of the girl, has been arrested from his in-laws village Chiknout in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district.
Delhi police team which nabbed the 25-year-old youth with the help of Bihar police took him on transit remand to the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!