Nitish Kumar fears Narendra Modi’s Patna rally: Bihar BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Rameshwar Chaurasia on Monday said that the upcoming rally of party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is causing anxiety to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Chaurasia said that as Nitish is worried about Narendra Modi’s rally he is trying to create hurdles by scheduling President Pranab Mukherjee’s program on the same day.
Modi is set to address his first rally in Patna’s Gandhi Maidan on October 27.
On Saturday, it was confirmed that President Pranab Mukherjee’s would be visiting the city around the same time, evoking sharp reaction from the BJP.
Party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain tweeted, “If you fear #NaMo so much, Why use Hon President`s shoulder to fire? Have courage to bring your partner Rahul Gandhi to Bihar.”
He further said that Modi’s rally was announced in March and after Nitish Kumar is now trying to create hurdles in it.
“HunkarRally was announced on 20th MAR. By putting hurdles in this rally, Nitish is trying to create an atmosphere of confrontation in Bihar,” he tweeted.
Former Bihar deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi also registered his protest. "N Kumar is playing all tricks to put hurdles in success of NAMO`s Hunkar Rally on 27th Oct. First permission for whole maidan was denied and now N Kumar has invited President of India to Patna on the same dates. He will be in Patna on 26th and 27th," he tweetted.
"The whole city will be barricaded for President`s visit? Namo`s plane will not be allowed to land till President`s special plane takes off?" he further tweeted.
The JD(U) had parted ways with the BJP, after 17 years of alliance, in protest against Modi’s preeminence in the saffron party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre