Nitish Kumar flays Vijay Goel`s anit-Bihari comments
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar today described senior BJP leader Vijay Goel`s comments on the people from Bihar as "anti-Constitution aimed at spreading hatred" and asked the party to make its stand clear on the matter.
"Vijay Goel`s statement is an attempt to spread hatred in the society and is against the spirit of the Constitution," Kumar, former Chief Minister of Bihar, told reporters here.
"Jaisi party vaise log (as is the party so is its people)," Kumar said taking potshots at his earlier NDA colleague. Goel had on Thursday last said in the Rajya Sabha that to solve the problems of Delhi, there was a need to stop the inflow of migrants from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh because they do not have employment opportunities in their respective states.
These migrants settle in slums, which later become unauthorised colonies. If we have to solve the problems of Delhi, we need to stop this inflow of migrants, Goel had said.
The former Bihar chief minister said on the sidelines of a function of his party`s medical cell that Delhi belongs to everybody and was not only for those who came to settle here earlier.
During the time of Independence the population of Delhi was around 4-5 lakh which has multiplied to about 1.5 crore now, Kumar said. People from Bihar are hard working and add to the economy of the place they live, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive