Nitish Kumar flays Vijay Goel`s anit-Bihari comments
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar today described senior BJP leader Vijay Goel`s comments on the people from Bihar as "anti-Constitution aimed at spreading hatred" and asked the party to make its stand clear on the matter.
"Vijay Goel`s statement is an attempt to spread hatred in the society and is against the spirit of the Constitution," Kumar, former Chief Minister of Bihar, told reporters here.
"Jaisi party vaise log (as is the party so is its people)," Kumar said taking potshots at his earlier NDA colleague. Goel had on Thursday last said in the Rajya Sabha that to solve the problems of Delhi, there was a need to stop the inflow of migrants from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh because they do not have employment opportunities in their respective states.
These migrants settle in slums, which later become unauthorised colonies. If we have to solve the problems of Delhi, we need to stop this inflow of migrants, Goel had said.
The former Bihar chief minister said on the sidelines of a function of his party`s medical cell that Delhi belongs to everybody and was not only for those who came to settle here earlier.
During the time of Independence the population of Delhi was around 4-5 lakh which has multiplied to about 1.5 crore now, Kumar said. People from Bihar are hard working and add to the economy of the place they live, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead