Nitish Kumar for deeper study of historicity of Koteshwarnath temple
Gaya: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday ordered a detailed study of Koteshwarnath temple by a team of scholars to discover the historical richness of the ancient temple.
Kumar gave this instruction to Director Archaeology Atul Verma and director of Kashinath Research Centre Vijay Chaudhary after paying visit to the temple in Belaganj block of Gaya district today.
The visit came as part of CM`s `Sewa yatra` that aims at testifying governance at the grassroot.
He said an archaeological shed-cum-museum would be constructed at the site on Barabar hills, according to an official release.
The Art and Culture department would work for development of the historic site, the CM said.
He directed officials of the department to organise photo competition of ancient trees at historic places like Maine, Panchpakar and other religious sites. The selected photographs should be published in books of schools and Public Relation Department.
The CM ordered to show the site to FRI Dehradun team.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Dehradun is a premier institution under the Indian Council of Forestry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex