Nitish Kumar for deeper study of historicity of Koteshwarnath temple
Gaya: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday ordered a detailed study of Koteshwarnath temple by a team of scholars to discover the historical richness of the ancient temple.
Kumar gave this instruction to Director Archaeology Atul Verma and director of Kashinath Research Centre Vijay Chaudhary after paying visit to the temple in Belaganj block of Gaya district today.
The visit came as part of CM`s `Sewa yatra` that aims at testifying governance at the grassroot.
He said an archaeological shed-cum-museum would be constructed at the site on Barabar hills, according to an official release.
The Art and Culture department would work for development of the historic site, the CM said.
He directed officials of the department to organise photo competition of ancient trees at historic places like Maine, Panchpakar and other religious sites. The selected photographs should be published in books of schools and Public Relation Department.
The CM ordered to show the site to FRI Dehradun team.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Dehradun is a premier institution under the Indian Council of Forestry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor