Nitish Kumar for deeper study of historicity of Koteshwarnath temple
Gaya: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday ordered a detailed study of Koteshwarnath temple by a team of scholars to discover the historical richness of the ancient temple.
Kumar gave this instruction to Director Archaeology Atul Verma and director of Kashinath Research Centre Vijay Chaudhary after paying visit to the temple in Belaganj block of Gaya district today.
The visit came as part of CM`s `Sewa yatra` that aims at testifying governance at the grassroot.
He said an archaeological shed-cum-museum would be constructed at the site on Barabar hills, according to an official release.
The Art and Culture department would work for development of the historic site, the CM said.
He directed officials of the department to organise photo competition of ancient trees at historic places like Maine, Panchpakar and other religious sites. The selected photographs should be published in books of schools and Public Relation Department.
The CM ordered to show the site to FRI Dehradun team.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Dehradun is a premier institution under the Indian Council of Forestry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you