Nitish Kumar for deeper study of historicity of Koteshwarnath temple
Gaya: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday ordered a detailed study of Koteshwarnath temple by a team of scholars to discover the historical richness of the ancient temple.
Kumar gave this instruction to Director Archaeology Atul Verma and director of Kashinath Research Centre Vijay Chaudhary after paying visit to the temple in Belaganj block of Gaya district today.
The visit came as part of CM`s `Sewa yatra` that aims at testifying governance at the grassroot.
He said an archaeological shed-cum-museum would be constructed at the site on Barabar hills, according to an official release.
The Art and Culture department would work for development of the historic site, the CM said.
He directed officials of the department to organise photo competition of ancient trees at historic places like Maine, Panchpakar and other religious sites. The selected photographs should be published in books of schools and Public Relation Department.
The CM ordered to show the site to FRI Dehradun team.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Dehradun is a premier institution under the Indian Council of Forestry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach