Nitish Kumar greets people on Raksha Bandhan
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday greeted the people on Raksha Bandhan and wished all a happy and prosperous life.
"Raksha Bandhan is a holi festival and strengthens the bond between brothers and sisters with brothers pledging to protect sisters," he said.
In the morning his sisters Usha Devi, Prabha Devi and Indu Devi tied a rakhi on Kumar`s wrist and wished him a healthy and prosperous life.
The chief minister was offered sweets by his sisters. His son Nishant Kumar was also present.
Ministers Renu Kumari Kushwaha, JD(U) MLAs Usha Sinha, Poonam Devi, Munni Devi and Neeta Choudhary also tied rakhis on Kumar`s wrist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad