Nitish Kumar hits back at Lalu Prasad Yadav
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday dubbed Lalu Prasad as a man who speaks too much, days after the RJD chief called him a "parrot" of RSS and BJP
"Lalu is badbola (one who speaks too much). We don`t comment on people who speak too much. There are some people, who are in the habit of speaking something or the other all the time. I don`t reply to them," Kumar told reporters.
He was responding to a question about Prasad`s comments in Patna a few days back in which the former Chief Minister had dismissed Kumar`s posturing against Narendra Modi and dubbed him as a parrot of RSS and BJP.
The Bihar Chief Minister is here to discuss the annual state plan with Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Alhuwalia.
Kumar met Finance Minister P Chidambaram in the morning. Later, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh called on him at Bihar Niwas.
The meeting took place at a time when Congress sees a potential ally in JD-U after the next Lok Sabha polls.
After the meeting, the Chief Minister as well as Ramesh said that they discussed issues like road construction in Bihar under Prime Minister Grameen Sadak Yojana and MNREGA wages.
Kumar demanded that the Centre give money for construction of toilets under Indira Awas Homes. Ramesh said it was a "good proposal", which can be considered.
The Union Minister also promised to look into the demand for wage increase under MREGA in Bihar as it is one of the six states, where the wages are less.
Kumar told him that the minimum wage of MNREGA is Rs 138, while the state pays its labour Rs 162 a day. In MNREGA, the Centre-state ratio is 90 percent and 10 respectively but due to low wages fixed by the Centre for MNREGA workers, Bihar has to pay 30 to to 40 percent of the share of wage payment.
The rural development ministry had approved construction of 6,000 km road in Bihar under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) during financial year 2012-2013 at a cost of Rs 3,200 crore.
This was the double the target length of road from the earlier 3,000km per year. During the meeting, Kumar urged Ramesh to release funds meant for this to Bihar besides giving mroe funds for constrution of another 4000 kms of rural roads in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!