Nitish Kumar hosted RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: Making a scathing attack on his rival, RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav on Saturday described Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as "opportunist" and said his protest over Narendra Modi was "charade" for cornering Muslim votes.
"Nitish Kumar`s opposition to Narendra Modi and communal forces was just a charade with an aim to corner Muslim votes," Prasad told reporters reacting on strain in ties between JD(U) and BJP.
"Why did not he resign from NDA after Gujarat riot in 2002 like Ramvilas Paswan did?" Prasad asked.
"Why did not he ordered a probe into Sabarmati train burning incident as a Railway minister in NDA government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee?" he said, adding, wasn`t it done to help Narendra Modi.
He asked Kumar to tell the people "why did he host RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat at CM`s official residence, 1 Anne Marg?".
Poking fun at possibility of formation of a federal front, the RJD chief said, "It is very difficult to rely on people like Nitish Kumar and Mamata Banerjee."
He said JD(U) is nothing but "a group of opportunists headed by Nitish Kumar and Sharad Yadav."
The people of the state are watching the entire "Ram lila" between JD(U) and BJP and would teach a lesson to them in coming elections.
The RJD president said Maharajganj Lok Sabha bypoll has started "countdown for fall of Nitish Kumar government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’