Nitish Kumar inaugurates power projects worth Rs 12,000 crore
Patna: Inaugurating various power projects valued at Rs 12,000 crore, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday vowed not to seek vote in 2015 Assembly elections if he failed to improve power condition in the state.
Work was going on at warfooting to improve power distribution and transmission system, Kumar said and asked power department officials to work overtime so that he could deliver on his promise.
The Chief Minister was speaking after signing an agreement between Bihar State Power Generation Company Limited, NHPC and NTPC for Rs 18,000 crore power projects at Pirpainti and Karja.
The project at Pirpainti would be taken up in partnership with NHPC while at Karja it will be with NTPC.
As per the plan, there will be at least one grid sub station in every sub division.
He gave details of several initiatives being taken up in the power sector.
Work was also in progress for setting up a super thermal power station at Navinagar in Aurangabad, he said.
Production has started in NTPC projects at Barh and Kahalgaon, he added.
Power minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav and NTPC Chairman Arun Roy were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees