Nitish Kumar invites Nawaz Sharif to Bihar
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has congratulated Pakistan Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif on his decisive electoral victory and invited him to visit Bihar.
"Let me extend to you my warmest congratulations on your decisive electoral victory even in these trying times," Kumar, who met Sharif during his visit to Pakistan last year, said in a letter dated May 13 and made available to the press on Monday.
"Your electoral performance augurs well for the furtherance of relations between the two countries and what we can together do to improve the economics and politics of both the countries and the region as a whole. Your bold and innovative approach can be decisive catalyst," he said.
Kumar fondly remembered a meeting with Sharif when he had visited Pakistan in November last year and renewed invitation to him to visit Bihar whenever he comes to India.
"I greatly look to continuing our dialogue which commenced in Lahore and to build on the numerous avenues constructive cooperation between the two countries and with the people of Bihar," he said.
Kumar wrote another letter to cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan and congratulated him for the `spectacular performance` of his party Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) in the recent elections.
"I was deeply touched that during your electoral campaign you referred to the success of the Bihar development model which encourages us to pursue our vision with great vigour," Kumar said in the letter and prayed for his speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad