Nitish Kumar invites Nawaz Sharif to Bihar
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has congratulated Pakistan Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif on his decisive electoral victory and invited him to visit Bihar.
"Let me extend to you my warmest congratulations on your decisive electoral victory even in these trying times," Kumar, who met Sharif during his visit to Pakistan last year, said in a letter dated May 13 and made available to the press on Monday.
"Your electoral performance augurs well for the furtherance of relations between the two countries and what we can together do to improve the economics and politics of both the countries and the region as a whole. Your bold and innovative approach can be decisive catalyst," he said.
Kumar fondly remembered a meeting with Sharif when he had visited Pakistan in November last year and renewed invitation to him to visit Bihar whenever he comes to India.
"I greatly look to continuing our dialogue which commenced in Lahore and to build on the numerous avenues constructive cooperation between the two countries and with the people of Bihar," he said.
Kumar wrote another letter to cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan and congratulated him for the `spectacular performance` of his party Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) in the recent elections.
"I was deeply touched that during your electoral campaign you referred to the success of the Bihar development model which encourages us to pursue our vision with great vigour," Kumar said in the letter and prayed for his speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre