Nitish Kumar invites Nawaz Sharif to Bihar
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has congratulated Pakistan Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif on his decisive electoral victory and invited him to visit Bihar.
"Let me extend to you my warmest congratulations on your decisive electoral victory even in these trying times," Kumar, who met Sharif during his visit to Pakistan last year, said in a letter dated May 13 and made available to the press on Monday.
"Your electoral performance augurs well for the furtherance of relations between the two countries and what we can together do to improve the economics and politics of both the countries and the region as a whole. Your bold and innovative approach can be decisive catalyst," he said.
Kumar fondly remembered a meeting with Sharif when he had visited Pakistan in November last year and renewed invitation to him to visit Bihar whenever he comes to India.
"I greatly look to continuing our dialogue which commenced in Lahore and to build on the numerous avenues constructive cooperation between the two countries and with the people of Bihar," he said.
Kumar wrote another letter to cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan and congratulated him for the `spectacular performance` of his party Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) in the recent elections.
"I was deeply touched that during your electoral campaign you referred to the success of the Bihar development model which encourages us to pursue our vision with great vigour," Kumar said in the letter and prayed for his speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'