Nitish Kumar is speaking language of desperation, defeat: BJP
New Delhi: Alleging that the Bihar Chief Minister is soft on terror, the BJP on Tuesday launched a fresh attack on Nitish Kumar saying that his comments on Narendra Modi and his last month`s rally in Patna showed he was speaking a language of "desperation and defeat".
"Nitish Kumar is speaking the language of desperation and defeat," BJP`s deputy leader in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
"Why is it of late that Bihar is becoming a very important state for Indian Mujahideen (IM) activities. Is it because they feel there is no challenge to their terror activities in Bihar?" Prasad said.
He said that IM founder-member Yaseen Bhatkal developed modules in Bihar`s Madhubani and Dharbhanga and trained homegrown terrorists there who committed the Bodh Gaya and Patna serial blasts.
He also questioned why the Bihar Police did not take any pre-emptive measure during Modi`s last month rally in Patna and who prevented them from taking steps.
"Why did not the Bihar police install bomb detection squads and metal detectors at Gandhi Maidan despite a written agreement between state BJP and them?" Prasad questioned.
He said lakhs of Biharis were present in the rally braving the blasts showing their courage and did not panic which could have caused a stampede.
"But instead of saluting their courageous act, Kumar is making fun of them saying that the rally has became famous only because of the blasts. I regret to say that in view of his (Nitish`s) current slipping hold in Bihar, vote has become more important to him than taking action against IM and other terror groups," he said.
Kumar won BJP`s ire for describing Modi`s Patna rally as a "flop" and "people had flocked to the venue only because of the blasts".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Maruti Suzuki continues to rule PV segment with 7 models in top 10 list
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy