Nitish Kumar is speaking language of desperation, defeat: BJP
New Delhi: Alleging that the Bihar Chief Minister is soft on terror, the BJP on Tuesday launched a fresh attack on Nitish Kumar saying that his comments on Narendra Modi and his last month`s rally in Patna showed he was speaking a language of "desperation and defeat".
"Nitish Kumar is speaking the language of desperation and defeat," BJP`s deputy leader in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
"Why is it of late that Bihar is becoming a very important state for Indian Mujahideen (IM) activities. Is it because they feel there is no challenge to their terror activities in Bihar?" Prasad said.
He said that IM founder-member Yaseen Bhatkal developed modules in Bihar`s Madhubani and Dharbhanga and trained homegrown terrorists there who committed the Bodh Gaya and Patna serial blasts.
He also questioned why the Bihar Police did not take any pre-emptive measure during Modi`s last month rally in Patna and who prevented them from taking steps.
"Why did not the Bihar police install bomb detection squads and metal detectors at Gandhi Maidan despite a written agreement between state BJP and them?" Prasad questioned.
He said lakhs of Biharis were present in the rally braving the blasts showing their courage and did not panic which could have caused a stampede.
"But instead of saluting their courageous act, Kumar is making fun of them saying that the rally has became famous only because of the blasts. I regret to say that in view of his (Nitish`s) current slipping hold in Bihar, vote has become more important to him than taking action against IM and other terror groups," he said.
Kumar won BJP`s ire for describing Modi`s Patna rally as a "flop" and "people had flocked to the venue only because of the blasts".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre