Nitish Kumar, JD-U hit back at BJP, Modi
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his party Janata Dal-United Wednesday hit back at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders, including Narendra Modi, for deciding to honour two party legislators accused in the Muzaffarnagar communal riots, tapping of phones and carrying out sting operations to settle political scores.
"They are (read BJP) experts in tapping of phones and carrying out sting operations and spying model. We (JD-U) are not experts for such activities," Nitish Kumar told mediapersons here after attending an official function.
The chief minister was replying to BJP senior leader and former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi`s accusation that he (Nitish Kumar) ordered tapping of phones of his (Sushil Modi) party`s leaders and carrying out sting operations to settle political scores.
Sushil Modi Tuesday claimed that his phones were tapped by the government.
Nitish Kumar said he still stands by his statement that Sushil Modi was "publicity hungry".
JD-U general secretary and Food Minister Shyam Rajak Wednesday targeted BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for the decision to honour two party legislators accused in the Muzaffarnagar communal riots and alleged that he was trying to win elections by patronising communal clashes.
"The act (honouring two Uttar Pradesh MLAs Sangeet Som and Suresh Rana at Agra rally Thursday) proves his love for communal riots," Rajak said in a press statement here.
"It`s a clear message for party workers to trigger communal riots and get honoured by Narendra Modi," Rajak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists