Nitish Kumar launches e Z-Pay cards
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday launched e Z-Pay cards for students belonging to scheduled tribes, scheduled castes, backward and extremely
backward castes for payment of stipends to them for their
performance in the matric examination.
``We have in principle decided to give promotion fund of
Rs 10,000 to each students who stood first in
matriculation examination,`` Kumar said at the programme.
He said the state government would also encourage
students from SC/ST and extremely backward classes by
enhancing facilities to enable them to complete their studies.
Kumar said the state government`s uniform and cycle
distribution schemes had encouraged enrolment of girls in
As against 1.70 lakh girls studying in standard IX in
Bihar in 2007, the number had increased to 5.55 lakh in 2010,
Kumar said the state government would conduct medical
examination of around 3.40 crore students during the next
financial year to make health cards available them.
Minister for Backward and Extremely Backward Class
Welfare Hariprasad Sah, SC/ST Welfare Minister Jitan Ram
Manjhi, Food Minister Shyam Rajak, Mines and Geology Minister
Satyadeo Narain Arya also spoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS