Nitish Kumar launches e Z-Pay cards
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday launched e Z-Pay cards for students belonging to scheduled tribes, scheduled castes, backward and extremely
backward castes for payment of stipends to them for their
performance in the matric examination.
``We have in principle decided to give promotion fund of
Rs 10,000 to each students who stood first in
matriculation examination,`` Kumar said at the programme.
He said the state government would also encourage
students from SC/ST and extremely backward classes by
enhancing facilities to enable them to complete their studies.
Kumar said the state government`s uniform and cycle
distribution schemes had encouraged enrolment of girls in
As against 1.70 lakh girls studying in standard IX in
Bihar in 2007, the number had increased to 5.55 lakh in 2010,
Kumar said the state government would conduct medical
examination of around 3.40 crore students during the next
financial year to make health cards available them.
Minister for Backward and Extremely Backward Class
Welfare Hariprasad Sah, SC/ST Welfare Minister Jitan Ram
Manjhi, Food Minister Shyam Rajak, Mines and Geology Minister
Satyadeo Narain Arya also spoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!