Nitish Kumar meets Bhutanese PM in Bodh Gaya
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday met Bhutanese Prime Minister Lyonpo Jigmi Y Thinley in Bodh Gaya to discuss the development of a Buddhist circuit in the state.
The Bhutanese Prime Minister was elected president of the Mahabodhi Society of India (MSI) for three years at its annual general meeting in Bodh Gaya on Saturday.
"Ignoring increasing pressures of ongoing programmes for the upcoming Bihar assembly elections, Nitish Kumar visited Bodh Gaya to meet Bhutanese Prime Minister," an official source in the chief minister`s office told a news agency on the phone.
Thinley, who arrived in Bodh Gaya on Friday on a four-day visit, was one of the 150 delegates attending the MSI general meeting. He was a special invitee, MSI deputy general secretary Venerable P Siwalee Theo said.
Before the MSI meeting, the Bhutanese prime minister Saturday morning visited the world heritage Mahabodhi temple, Buddhism`s holiest shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why