Nitish Kumar promises to restore Bihar`s glory
Patna: Expressing satisfaction with his government`s performance over the past eight years, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday promised to restore Bihar`s old glory with help from the state`s people.
"We will not only be able to restore Bihar`s old glory but also add new dimension to it in the years ahead with the help of the people," he told a public meeting in the Garhpura village in Begusarai district after laying foundation stone and inaugurating development schemes worth Rs 344.58 crore.
Paying rich tributes to Bihar`s first Chief Minister Sri Krishna Singh whose political journey began from Garhpura village, Kumar recalled Singh for spearheading salt satyagraha during the freedom movement.
He also launched a number of schemes in Singh`s name before announcing that he would take it up with the Centre to name Garhpura railway station after Singh whose 125th birth anniversary was being celebrated throughout Bihar this year.
The Chief Minister heaped praises on the people of Bihar for their tireless efforts to sustain their families while working outside, which he said, was a constitutional right of the people of the country.
Kumar said it has been his endeavour to instill a sense of pride among the Bihari people and added his government was committed to generate more employment opportunities so that people need not go outside the state seeking work.
Stating that Bihar has been blessed with a glorious history, he said it was his duty to bring back the old days of glories and add new dimension to a better future.
The Chief Minister urged upon the people to ensure peace, communal harmony and unity to achieve their collective effort of attaining the glorious past of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends