Nitish Kumar, Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan reunite
Patna: Signaling reunion between Nitish Kumar and his close aide-turned-rebel JD(U) MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan, Bihar Chief Minister on Wednesday said `differences` between them have been resolved.
The two leaders travelled together in a helicopter from Patna to Lakhisarai and Begusarai during the day.
Later, Kumar expressed happiness over the reunion with Lallan.
Addressing a function after inaugurating a RCC bridge over Kiul river at Sambho-Suryagraha in Lakhisarai district, he said "The day is important also because MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan is once again with us."
"People who move away comes near again, life`s journey goes like this...Differences are over," a beaming Kumar said.
On Monday, the CM when asked had said he had never spoken against Lallan in public. It was Lallan who had moved away from the party.
Lallan, once the most trusted aide of Kumar, had won the last Lok Sabha elections on JD(U) ticket from Munger but turned rebel before the 2010 assembly polls and indulged in anti-party activities by campaigning for Congress. JD(U) had initiated disciplinary action against him and suspended him from the party.
He was a petitioner against RJD president Lalu Prasad in the fodder scam and had played an important role in ending RJD rule and bringing in the NDA government under Nitish Kumar in Bihar in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'