Nitish Kumar, Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan reunite
Patna: Signaling reunion between Nitish Kumar and his close aide-turned-rebel JD(U) MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan, Bihar Chief Minister on Wednesday said `differences` between them have been resolved.
The two leaders travelled together in a helicopter from Patna to Lakhisarai and Begusarai during the day.
Later, Kumar expressed happiness over the reunion with Lallan.
Addressing a function after inaugurating a RCC bridge over Kiul river at Sambho-Suryagraha in Lakhisarai district, he said "The day is important also because MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan is once again with us."
"People who move away comes near again, life`s journey goes like this...Differences are over," a beaming Kumar said.
On Monday, the CM when asked had said he had never spoken against Lallan in public. It was Lallan who had moved away from the party.
Lallan, once the most trusted aide of Kumar, had won the last Lok Sabha elections on JD(U) ticket from Munger but turned rebel before the 2010 assembly polls and indulged in anti-party activities by campaigning for Congress. JD(U) had initiated disciplinary action against him and suspended him from the party.
He was a petitioner against RJD president Lalu Prasad in the fodder scam and had played an important role in ending RJD rule and bringing in the NDA government under Nitish Kumar in Bihar in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September