Nitish Kumar resumes blog writing
Patna: Recognising social media as an effective political tool, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday resumed writing blog to share his thoughts with the people of the state living in different parts of the country.
In his today`s blog, Kumar wrote how women`s education is ushering in a silent social revolution in Bihar.
Kumar returned to writing blog after almost two years.
The Bihar chief minister in his latest blog informed people about scholarship schemes his government has introduced for all girls from class I to class X, studying in different government schools across the state to give a further boost to women`s education.
Kumar writes that scholarship scheme for girls followed the cycle and uniform programmes for girl students that yielded tremendous results reducing the drop out rates drastically. The scholarship scheme was fulfilment of his Independence day announcement this year.
"The Mukhya Mantri Balika Cycle Yojna" introduced in 2007-08 under which cash is given to girl students of class IX for purchase of cycles has brought about a social revolution and made the cycle-riding school girls a veritable mascot of Bihar especially in the rural areas, he wrote in his blog. The scheme was later extended for boys also.
"The success of the scheme could be gauged from the fact that altogether 9,61,109 including 4,92,899 girls availed of the scheme in 2012-13," he wrote.
"It is in keeping with my government`s thrust on women`s education that I resolved to give women`s education a further boost through scholarship scheme," he wrote in his blog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire