`Nitish Kumar self-centred, decided to split with BJP on his own`
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: The tussle between former alliance partners - the Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dal (United) – may get fierce.
A rebel JD(U) leader on Wednesday claimed that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been in touch with Congress through AICC general secretary in charge of Maharashtra, Mohan Prakash, for the last one year.
The rebel JD(U) leader`s statement has added to the rumours that alliance between JD(U) and Congress is on the cards.
Notably, the Congress had extended unconditional support to the JD(U) government during the confidence vote in the Assembly.
Chandraraj Singhvi, who has tendered his resignation to JD(U) president Sharad Yadav, further claimed that Nitish Kumar decided to split with the BJP on his own and he didn’t hold deliberations with anyone on the issue.
Singhvi further described Kumar as "a self-centred man".
When asked to react on Singhvi`s statements, Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar said everything was fine within the party. "I don`t even know about this leader," Anwar added.
After the JD(U) dumped the BJP last month over Narendra Modi, speculation is rife that some BJP legislators may join the JD(U).
Bihar Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh claimed that over 40 BJP legislators and 17 from the Rashtriya Janata Dal were knocking the doors to join the JD(U).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks