Nitish Kumar set up SIT to `fix` opponents: Lalu
Patna: In the wake of a Special Investigation Team report pointing to `doubtful` role of RJD MP Ramkripal Yadav in an attack on Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar`s convoy last year, RJD president Lalu Prasad on Saturday alleged that the SIT was constituted to "fix" opponents.
"The SIT of Bihar police was done to fix political opponents. Efforts are on to fix RJD MP Ramkripal Yadav in Khagaria incident," Prasad said.
In its report to Chief Judicial Magistrate of Khagaria on March 7, the SIT probing violent protests during Kumar`s yatra at Khagaria on September 27 last year said it found the role of RJD leaders Ramkripal Yadav and Pappu Yadav in the incident as `doubtful`.
"If any RJD leader instigated violence why does not the government provide proof of talks of such leader," the RJD supremo said emerging from a meeting of RJD MLAs, MLCs and office bearers regarding a rally in Patna in May.
He questioned why JD(U) leader Ranbir Yadav, who had raised a sten gun during the September 27 Adhikar yatra of Kumar at Khagaria was given a clean chit and not arrested.
Prasad alleged the entire exercise against political rivals was aimed at diverting attention from popular agitation including the one by contractual teachers.
Criticising the March 5 police lathicharge on contractual teachers, the RJD president said the incident was like the Jallianwalabagh massacre.
He said RJD would organise a massive rally against JD(U)-BJP coalition government here on May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen