Nitish Kumar shifts to home district Rajgir for five days
Patna: People in this Bihar capital will miss beacon lights and sirens of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s cars for next five days as he has shifted to Rajgir, a famous tourist destination, to work in peace and away from the crowded and polluted urban pocket.
An official in the Chief Minister`s Office here said Saturday Nitish Kumar reached Rajgir Friday evening and would stay there till December 31 noon. "The entire Chief Minister`s secretariat and senior officials of the state administration have also shifted to Rajgir along with him," the official said.
The official said Nitish Kumar will hold a state Cabinet meeting at the convention centre of the Shanti Stupa atop Gidhakuta Hills in Rajgir, about 100 km from here, on December 29.
In February this year, Nitish Kumar held a Cabinet meeting in Barbighee village of Begusarai district.
Before leaving Patna the Chief Minister had said he was not going to Rajgir for a holiday but to work as usual.
Rajgir is the home district of Nitish Kumar. In last four years, he has announced various development projects in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog