Nitish Kumar shifts to home district Rajgir for five days
Patna: People in this Bihar capital will miss beacon lights and sirens of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s cars for next five days as he has shifted to Rajgir, a famous tourist destination, to work in peace and away from the crowded and polluted urban pocket.
An official in the Chief Minister`s Office here said Saturday Nitish Kumar reached Rajgir Friday evening and would stay there till December 31 noon. "The entire Chief Minister`s secretariat and senior officials of the state administration have also shifted to Rajgir along with him," the official said.
The official said Nitish Kumar will hold a state Cabinet meeting at the convention centre of the Shanti Stupa atop Gidhakuta Hills in Rajgir, about 100 km from here, on December 29.
In February this year, Nitish Kumar held a Cabinet meeting in Barbighee village of Begusarai district.
Before leaving Patna the Chief Minister had said he was not going to Rajgir for a holiday but to work as usual.
Rajgir is the home district of Nitish Kumar. In last four years, he has announced various development projects in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'