Nitish Kumar shifts to home district Rajgir for five days
Patna: People in this Bihar capital will miss beacon lights and sirens of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s cars for next five days as he has shifted to Rajgir, a famous tourist destination, to work in peace and away from the crowded and polluted urban pocket.
An official in the Chief Minister`s Office here said Saturday Nitish Kumar reached Rajgir Friday evening and would stay there till December 31 noon. "The entire Chief Minister`s secretariat and senior officials of the state administration have also shifted to Rajgir along with him," the official said.
The official said Nitish Kumar will hold a state Cabinet meeting at the convention centre of the Shanti Stupa atop Gidhakuta Hills in Rajgir, about 100 km from here, on December 29.
In February this year, Nitish Kumar held a Cabinet meeting in Barbighee village of Begusarai district.
Before leaving Patna the Chief Minister had said he was not going to Rajgir for a holiday but to work as usual.
Rajgir is the home district of Nitish Kumar. In last four years, he has announced various development projects in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui