Nitish Kumar supports promotion quota
Darbhanga: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday favoured the Bill seeking quota in promotion for SC/ST employees in government offices, but said other political parties have a right to differ.
"JD(U) favours the Bill as the community`s socio-economic and political condition has not reached the standard where the incentive cannot be considered for them," Kumar told reporters here.
"All political parties have a right to take their own line and one need not interfere in other`s decision," he said to a question on his stand on the SP chief Mulayam Singh`s opposition to the Bill.
Kumar said the state government had already implemented quota in promotion for its SC/ST employees.
On the visiting Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s remarks on Babri Mosque demolition, the chief minister said it was for the central government to reply.
The chief minister, who had recently visited Pakistan on a week-long tour, emphasised on the need for more people-to-people contact between the two countries for resolving various issues.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!