Nitish Kumar supports promotion quota
Darbhanga: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday favoured the Bill seeking quota in promotion for SC/ST employees in government offices, but said other political parties have a right to differ.
"JD(U) favours the Bill as the community`s socio-economic and political condition has not reached the standard where the incentive cannot be considered for them," Kumar told reporters here.
"All political parties have a right to take their own line and one need not interfere in other`s decision," he said to a question on his stand on the SP chief Mulayam Singh`s opposition to the Bill.
Kumar said the state government had already implemented quota in promotion for its SC/ST employees.
On the visiting Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s remarks on Babri Mosque demolition, the chief minister said it was for the central government to reply.
The chief minister, who had recently visited Pakistan on a week-long tour, emphasised on the need for more people-to-people contact between the two countries for resolving various issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price