Nitish Kumar supports vote on FDI
Patna: With Parliament rocked for the third day today over FDI issue, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Tuesday supported the opposition demand for a discussion on it in Parliament under a rule having provision of voting.
"If the Centre has the required numbers in the House then what is the problem in holding a discussion with voting provision," he asked while speaking to reporters here.
The Centre had said last time that it would build a consensus before taking a decision of FDI, he said.
Kumar was categorical about opposing FDI in retail in Bihar. "FDI in multi-brand will not be allowed in Bihar at any cost as I have been saying since day one."
Kumar supported the appointment of Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI director, which has been opposed by senior leaders of ally BJP. "He (Sinha) is a Bihar cadre officer so why shall I have any objection to his name?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery