Nitish Kumar supports vote on FDI
Patna: With Parliament rocked for the third day today over FDI issue, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Tuesday supported the opposition demand for a discussion on it in Parliament under a rule having provision of voting.
"If the Centre has the required numbers in the House then what is the problem in holding a discussion with voting provision," he asked while speaking to reporters here.
The Centre had said last time that it would build a consensus before taking a decision of FDI, he said.
Kumar was categorical about opposing FDI in retail in Bihar. "FDI in multi-brand will not be allowed in Bihar at any cost as I have been saying since day one."
Kumar supported the appointment of Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI director, which has been opposed by senior leaders of ally BJP. "He (Sinha) is a Bihar cadre officer so why shall I have any objection to his name?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah