Nitish Kumar takes dig at Lalu Prasad Yadav
Lakhisarai: Making a veiled attack on RJD president Lalu Prasad, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said there were leaders who wish to remove him from power by collecting a few people in a rally.
"Had it been possible to remove a chief minister from power by collecting a few people in Gandhi Maidan... Who can stay in that seat," Kumar said at a public meeting here.
He, however, did not take the name of "Parivartan rally" organised by the RJD on May to remove NDA from power in Bihar.
"He has become unemployed and to attract media attention he is uttering derogatory things against opponents," Kumar said.
People of Bihar gave 15 long years to him to rule but he "wasted" that opportunity, Kumar said adding he (Prasad) has fallen in the eyes of people."
The rally was also addressed by rebel JD(U) MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan, Water Resources Minister Vijay Chaudhary and Roads Construction Minister and State NDA convener Nand Kishore Yadav.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!