Nitish Kumar takes oath
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi, RJD leader Rabri Devi, besides eight others, including two state Ministers today took oath as member of the state legislative council.
State Legislative Council Chairman Salim Parvej administered the oath of office to them.
The two ministers who were sworn in were Agriculture Narendra Singh and Rural Works Department Bhim Singh. Ramashray Prasad Singh, Sanjay Singh, Upendra Kumar (all from JD(U), Mangal Pandey, Satyendra Narayan Kushwaha and Lal Bau Rai(from BJP) were the others.
Nitish Kumar, Modi and Rabri Devi were elected unopposed to the Bihar legislative council on April 19.
They were among total 11 candidates who were elected unopposed in the biennial elections to the legislative council on the last date of withdrawal of nominations.
This is the second consecutive term for Kumar and Modi, who is also a senior BJP leader.
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- Twitterati blast Arvind Kejriwal for mocking PM Narendra Modi - Know why Delhi CM came under fire
- VVIP chopper scam: Rahul Gandhi's aide was connected to middleman Guido Haschke, says BJP leader
- Raging Uttarakhand forest fire can melt glaciers faster, say experts
- North Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test