Nitish Kumar takes oath
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi, RJD leader Rabri Devi, besides eight others, including two state Ministers today took oath as member of the state legislative council.
State Legislative Council Chairman Salim Parvej administered the oath of office to them.
The two ministers who were sworn in were Agriculture Narendra Singh and Rural Works Department Bhim Singh. Ramashray Prasad Singh, Sanjay Singh, Upendra Kumar (all from JD(U), Mangal Pandey, Satyendra Narayan Kushwaha and Lal Bau Rai(from BJP) were the others.
Nitish Kumar, Modi and Rabri Devi were elected unopposed to the Bihar legislative council on April 19.
They were among total 11 candidates who were elected unopposed in the biennial elections to the legislative council on the last date of withdrawal of nominations.
This is the second consecutive term for Kumar and Modi, who is also a senior BJP leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media