Nitish Kumar takes swipe at Lalu Prasad
Darbhanga: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday, in a veiled reference to rival and RJD chief Lalu Prasad, said that the job of some leaders was only to criticise him.
"We are working for the wellbeing of the people of Bihar, but there are some leaders whose only engagement is to criticise me through use of unparliamentary words and seeking pardon for past deeds," Kumar said after inaugurating work on construction of a brige here on the second day of his `Sewa Yatra`.
"We do not bring politics in development work," Kumar said without naming Prasad who had made a perjorative remark against him on May 15 during his `parivartan rally`.
Reiterating that he and his party would not rest before winning special category status for the state, he highlighted the importance of education for the people.
He said to strengthen educational infrastructure his government was mulling a high school in every panchayat.
Altogether 4500 new high schools would be constructed in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed