Nitish Kumar terms poll surveys as `items of entertainment`
Patna: With election surveys predicting BJP getting majority of Bihar`s 40 Lok Sabha seats and share of JD(U) going down, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday discarded such polls and saying they are "entertainment items."
"Survey based on opinion of 200-400 persons cannot be authentic," he told reporters discarding the survey reports beamed on television news channels.
"Such surveys are nothing but items of entertainment," he said.
Pointing at the survey reports, elated opposition BJP leaders have been going hammer and tongs against the JD(U).
Bihar has 40 Lok Sabha seats. Presently JD(U) has 20, BJP 12, Congress 2, RJD 3, two Independents and one seat, that of Lalu Prasad, falling vacant after his disqualification following the conviction in the fodder scam case.
In an another incident of a mob rendering a person blind by pouring acid in his eye in Supaul district, Kumar ordered a probe into it and directed Principal Secretary Home to conduct an inquiry by a senior officer.
A report from Supual said that two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal asks Modi govt 'What are you waiting for?'