Nitish Kumar thanks Japan for contribution in Nalanda University
Rajgir: Thanking Japan for contributing to the establishment of Nalanda International University, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said he wanted it to become a seat of international peace.
"I wish Nalanda International university becomes a seat of international peace," Kumar told a public meeting after inaugurating an annual function of Vishwa Shanti Stupa at Ratnagiri mountain here.
The new Nalanda International University under chancellor Amartya Sen is coming up near the ruins of old one which was a seat of learning in the ancient period.
The Chief Minister said that an additional rope way would be constructed at Ratnagiri and work would start soon.
Stating that Lord Buddha`s message of peace and non-violence should be adopted, he said, "War cannot solve a problem. Peace is needed for human society."
Kumar said that the state government was committed to development of all the sites linked to Lord Gautam Buddha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown